Monday, June 2, 2008

6th Year Anniversary

Jill and I celebrated our 6th year anniversary. God has been very kind to bless me with a wonderful wife. In a day and age where it is all-too-normal (dare I say...almost expected) for a couple's love to deteriorate over time, I can easily say that I have grown to love Jill more over the past 6 years than when we were first married.

We didn't do anything extravagant for our anniversary...just a nice dinner and some of our favorite free things to do. Many thanks to Stephanie for watching Rachel while Jill and I went out. We have been very blessed by many of the single women in the church (i.e. Bev, Stefanie, Katie, etc.) who are always willing to help out with watching Rachel when Jill and I go out.

We went to Alexandria to eat at the Union Street Public House. Definitely a great place to eat. I even enjoyed their crab cakes (which is abnormal for me)...

After dinner, we walked along the Potomac River, before finally walking back through Old Town, Alexandria and stopping at an old fashioned ice cream parlor. We got none other than a bannana split. It felt like we were kids again...

What date is complete without watching airplanes land at DCA...


Then, we headed into D.C. to walk around the FDR Memorial and the Tidal Basin. The FDR is one of my favorite memorials to go to during the nighttime...
Someone had to go and stick her head in the middle of this picture, so I've decided to post it :-)


Here we are doing the good 'ol fashioned stick-your-arm-out-and-take-your-own-picture method. Unfortunately, the zoom was in a little to far on this first one...



Jill posing with the man...
...and the woman...






These are a few pictures from our walk around the tidal basin. First, a picture of the Jefferson Memorial...

...and secondly, of the Washington Memorial...

2 comments:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

How special to see pics of your
6th year anniversary. What a delight day you had. Thank you for sharing this with us. We love you and are so thankful for the love you have for the Lord and for one another. Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

aww! happy anniversary you guys.