We had another great week in Outer Banks this year w/ Ben's family.....a whole week of the beach, swimming in the pool, playing games, reading books, and hanging out w/ each other. It was a restful and relaxing week, but after hours in the car yesterday (Saturday), it felt good to be home last night.
Rachel had a lot of fun this year! She loved the sand....much to my dismay - given that I'm really not pro-sand. The sand was all up in her bathing suit....I think it's now a permanent ficture in the front of her bathing suit. I guess that happens when you shimmy down minor sand hills on your belly....the sand smushes into the front of the suit. Rachel also loved the water.....but she didn't like being down in the ocean - that was a bit much for her....maybe next year. Rachel and her cousin AnaGrace had a blast playing together...they even talked to each other at the dinner table - despite sitting at opposite ends. Rachel seems to miss her older cousins too.....at breakfast this AM, she looked at the fridge and saw the pictures of the Renno family, and said "Miah"...."Dayi (Dani)"......and then of course, "Keyee (Aunt Kelly)".
I didn't take a lot of pictures, but there were many cameras present:-) I'll post beach pics in waves - LOL;-) So, here's the first wave.....


No comments:
Post a Comment