Sunday, August 15, 2010

Leisurely Saturday

Despite my youngest being a noisy early riser today, it was a very enjoyable Saturday. The high today was only 85 degrees....or something like that...which felt like mid-70s to me! I took the girls for a walk this morning...we did our normal jaunt out to Sbux and back. Takes about an hour, and the midway coffee stop keeps me walking. We even brought back a java chip for Daddy. Rachel complained about being cold along the way.....I thought the weather was perfect, couple that w/ listening to Sovereign Grace's All I Have Is Christ.....and I felt energized for the day.

Then, we went to Old Town.....down to the water to feed the ducks and birds. We always forget about the Farmers Market on Saturday....and always seem to get there as most are closing up. Most of the produce looks great (and the samples are great!), but it feels almost like a crime to shell out an arm and a leg for produce......Ben especially has a hard time w/ it after working at Rohrbach's! Speaking of which, I could so go for a Rohrbach's apple dumpling w/ cinnamon ice cream right about now.

Rachel wanted to be sure the birdies weren't starving. W/ how forward these birds are about nabbing the bread, I don't think they're starving.....I think they're pretty accustomed to people like us.
Up close and cute:-)
We gained a pretty sizable following!
Sisters:-)

Scoping out the running landscape and when she could make her move.
I see you!!!!!
Hey! Huck Finn called - he either wants his overalls back or for your Daddy to stop rolling them up....and quit eating the duck's bread!
One has a 'tude and the other is having a blast......that's kinda how the whole day went - back and forth:-)

1 comment:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

What wonderful pics!!! Thanks for posting and sharing your day with us. It means so much to see the girls on your family outings. Just so special:-)