Needless to say, between my morning walk and then rounding up the troops, I was a little hot and tired by the time everyone was loaded in the car. Of course, upon arrival at the spray park, the kids don't just dive right in.....Rachel studies everyone running around and Naomi assesses whether she wants to run somewhere else and have Mom chase her. Seriously, I was hoping to just rest on the side like all the other moms while the kids ran through the giant, intermittent sprinkler.....guess my kids missed the memo. Thankfully, we brought some toys for the kids, so that seemed to help them all ease their way into the situation.
All in all, it was fun. I'm not overly excited to go again....it seemed like a lot of work for limited payoff. It was just that hot outside and the kids didn't love it as much as I thought they would. It was, however, a rather nice playground.
We ate a picnic lunch in their little pavilion...which went okay until Rachel slipped and fell off the bench. Thank goodness I remembered to pack the princess bandaids!
Matching hats were key to locating them when they mixed in with all the other kids! Thanks Nanna and Pop-Pop for the hats:-)
Rachel & Roman played really well together. Rachel kept re-filling his buckets w/ water.....one tiny droplet at a time - but at least she was trying to be helpful!
Both girls were looking.....but then Naomi couldn't stay still for very long....

1 comment:
Adorable:-) And they look so cute in the hats. Glad they were helpful for keeping them in site! Looks like a fun place!
Post a Comment