Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hamilton News

Well, I can't say there's anything really newsworthy in the Hamilton household, but here goes:) The three of us are working on to-do lists since the weekend.....just kidding - Rachel doesn't have a to-do list yet:) Actually, her agenda is sleep well and play well so mommy and daddy can get their to-do lists done. So far, we're doing ok - not great, but ok.

We did get our Christmas tree on Saturday, and now that Puma is officially too fat to stick his paws out on the branches and put weight on them or sit on them, we did decorate the entire Christmas tree. Years past, the tree has consisted of only lights and sometimes some cheap Christmas balls. That's not to say that I haven't started out by decorating it nicely.....only to find nice ornaments batted off. Last year, I just wound up taking all the ornaments off the tree and putting them away. It was right after Rachel was born and there's nothing more annoying at 3AM when you're feeding an infant then hearing ornaments being batted off the tree and not being able to do anything about it. Oh, and the bumble bee toy that makes noise on its own is a little annoying and creepy at 3AM too:) But, back to the Christmas tree. So far, so good. We put Puma in his "room" at night, so he has very little unsupervised tree time. I've reprimanded and chased him a few times so far, but hopefully, he's getting old and slowing down:) Rachel has been pretty good w/ the tree too. I think b/c she's so observant, she gets a little mesmerized by it all and doesn't really try to focus on batting off one ornament. Plus, the tree has been added to no-no territory.

On Sunday, we went to morning and evening services at church. And after Rachel's nap, Ben enjoyed watching the Bears play w/ Rachel. She's in her little RaeZone:) This was the point when the Bears were dominating and making Ben proud to be a dedicated Bears fan (well, to be honest, every Bears fan is a dedicated fan). Fortunately, we were at evening church when the Bears started to not win anymore:( Ahem. Anywho, Mr. Dedicated Bears Fan will be watching the Bears play the Redskins this week....freezing his tushy off in the cold. Normally, I'd be envious, but the cold is something I can do w/out. I'm very glad that we went to see them play in Chicago in August! Of course, I was pregnant then, so I probably could have handled winter-like weather!

This Friday night, we are going w/ Ben's parents to see Handel's Messiah at the National Cathedral. It should be a fun weekend. Hopefully, I'll remember to take many pictures. I've been getting a little laidback w/ the picture-taking lately. Work has been busy and we've been busy trying to keep up w/ our to-do lists! But, the days go by so quickly, and I'll be glad in years to come that I stopped to take a few more pictures:)

No comments: