Monday, July 27, 2009

iPhone

Sunshine lets Rachel play w/ her iPhone. I don't let her play w/ my cellphone - well, I used to, until she manhandled my flipphone so much that it broke. So, ever since we got our new phones, Ben and I don't let Rachel play w/ our phones. Not that they are as nice as the iPhone, mind you, but they are breakable and we don't need to buy new ones (of course, we may want new ones, but that's another story).

Sunshine's pretty laidback (and Rachel is actually quite careful w/ the iPhone), and I've realized that we have a technology savvy daughter. First, she holds the iPhone correctly.....it makes me scared to see how well she'd adapt to a Blackberry! Second, she can make the iPhone do things (things it's intended to do - basically, it's one of the many iPhone apps) that Sunshine can't. Lastly, Sunshine will show her how to do something 1 time, and next thing we know, she has figured out what steps to take on her own.....all while holding the iPhone like a little technical savvy adult. Amazing;-) Part of me thinks I should be a little more laidback about my phone, but then I'm like, naaahhh, we'll let Sunshine take that risk:-) BTW - check out the cute dress from Sunshine!

2 comments:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

What a cutie:-) I don't doubt that she is becoming tech smart. She observes and thinks about everything she sees. It's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

i love the dress!! i don't let NJ play w/ my phone either.