Wednesday, July 1, 2009

4 Months Old

Naomi turned 4 months old on the 26th of June. I really can't believe it's July already! I think I hit an all-time low of posting in June - woops! Some of it is for lack of pictures (I just can't seem to get my act together most days), and some of it is for lack of time. I don't wish for more than 24 hours in a day - that's for sure, but I do wish my brain wasn't so scattered and disorganized. Hopefully, when (not if) sleep returns to my life, my organization skills will start to improve.

At any rate, Naomi is off the charts in all categories. I took her to the pediatrician on the 15th, and she was 16 pounds then...I guess w/ her height, weight and head size, she still eats well despite her reflux! She loves to roll around, suck her hand, grab at things, smile and coo at us, and take in everything around her. She just needs to learn how to sleep through the night, and I will be a little bit of a happier Mama! I'm sure w/ teething and developmental milestones, I should set my expectations to be a LOT lower for that milestone. Oh well. Sigh.

At any rate, I pulled out the large, in the way, Exersaucer today, and she did enjoy it. It's a nice way of keeping her upright since her pesky reflux seems to still be bothering her - even though she doesn't complain a lot, I can still hear it.
She wasn't too sure about it at first.....it was a little tough for her since Rachel was very interested in all the doodads on it and she was a little, shall we say, all up in her grill:-)
She really looks like Ben in this picture - I think!The face she made when Rachel started another rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle (heard on the monitor during Rachel's "nap")....I'm sure it was just a coincidence
Smiley girl!

3 comments:

Katy said...

What sweet pictures! She seems so observant!

Lisa said...

She's getting so big! And I had to laugh about Rachel being up in her grill...there's something about baby toys that entice toddlers for some reason. =)

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

Just too cute! Can't wait to see her and hold her on Sunday:-)