Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Little Note about Love

As I've felt this growing, overwhelming sense of love for Naomi, the thing that has stood out the most to me is that it's a slight taste of God's love for me. I mean, Naomi screamed for almost 3 months...of course, reflux is no laughing matter for a baby. And since birth, she's managed to do the 3 P's on me: poop, pee, and puke. And still, she has yet to give both her and I a 4 hour stretch at night. Well, every now and then, she goes 5 hours w/out eating, but that's not w/out waking up before the 5 hour mark. Really, if someone had told me that she still would be struggling in the sleep department at 5 months, I would have said "no way!"

But, sleep deprivation is still occurring in our house, and the funny thing is, I find myself a little calmer about the situation w/ each week that passes. Don't get me wrong, I still look for a solution, but I'm also more aware that there are worse things in life and God has really sustained me.

Anywho, there's just something amazing to me about a parent's love......the fact that we can love these children, who to others may seem unlovable, gives me a glimpse of God's love for me.....how while I was still a sinner, God sent His only Son to die for me. That's deep and intense love. I know how I feel when my kids don't appreciate me....it seems to happen on a daily basis (and yet, when all is said and done, I wouldn't trade or change them for the world). But for some reason, God decided to work in me and save me....so that I'm ready for eternity w/ Him. That's something I can't begin to comprehend!

Here's my liitle one that has captured my love!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Jill
What a beautiful "devotional" for this evening.
Thank you for your words, for being the wonderful loving mom you are and for loving my son.
We love you.
Dad

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

I couldn't write when I first read your post because my eyes were a bit blurry. Dad and I are so thankful for your love for the Lord and for your family. It is so hard to comprehend the Lord's saving us. I have always thought Isaac Watt's hymn said it all "Why was I made to hear Thy voice, and enter while there's room, when thousands make a wretched choice, and rather starve than come?" It's overwhelming.
And the love we have for our little ones just grows deeper as they get older, even if they make poor choices. I can't help but think of the prodigal son's father. He's there with open arms. That love, which the Lord puts in us, is just a small picture of the amazing love of our Father.
Love, Mom

Jennilee said...

Love this post. You are a sweet mommy.