And then the three of us had a pretty great weekend. We did the monuments on Saturday. I got a major baking urge and baked pumpkin bread and sticky buns. Check out this work of yumminess!
I did give Rachel some pumpkin bread - which she enjoyed, but I didn't let her try the sticky buns. Ben and I were too busy scarfing them down. We have plenty of time ahead of us when we have to share fresh sticky buns w/ the kids, so for now, we will be selfish and not share them with her:) Muhahaha:)And then, this past Tuesday was a bit crazy. I had a meeting at work that I had to be at. My good friend, Ronna, graciously offered to watch Rachel again, and it worked out well this time so I could watch her son in the morning before my meeting while she had an appointment. The kids had so much fun together. Rachel especially loved Benjamin's toys - which he so nicely shared w/ her. Tuesday was just one of those days where I was especially aware of the Lord's provision.....especially when I watched my validated parking pass float down the elevator shaft....meaning I would have to pay an all-day parking pass as I left the parking garage. Oh no! But, as I left the parking garage, I found some leftover ones in the console, which I didn't need b/c the gate was open while the parking attendant was at lunch - yay!



And finally, today, a new friend of mine started as Rachel's sitter. The Lord meets our needs - even in the petty, day-to-day stuff. He's helped me be more laidback about this and realize that our life is in His hands, and it's not for me to try to line everything up and order it according to what I want. I've been learning that what I want is not always what I need.....and I can rest assured that God knows what I truly need.
2 comments:
Amen!! He does indeed provide!
Can't wait to see you tomorrow:-)
Love, Mom
Hooray! Is your friend going to be Rachel's nany long term?
Those sticky buns look sooooooooooooooooooooo good. You'll have to bring a batch when I have my "weaning party". (I'm assuming it contains dairy and/or eggs.)
I did giggle out loud when I read Rachel B's famous quote.
Post a Comment