Anyone down around the DC area (and most other parts of the country) know that this past weekend was beautiful outside. Jill, Rachel, and I used this time to go walk around the monuments since we haven't done that in a while. Overall, I think Rachel really enjoyed her first DC tour.
Here is Jill and Rachel as we started the trip at the FDR Memorial.
Rachel looks particularly eager to learn some history...
Especially from FDR.
However, we think Rachel enjoyed the water more than anything else...
We then started our trek around the tidal basin, stopping to take pictures of the Washington Monument (because any trip around the tidal basin isn't complete until you have a picture of the Washington Monument)...
And the Jefferson Memorial...
We then headed back to the car (the long way around the tidal basin) and drove back home. Obviously, the first trip to see the monuments was difficult for some...
3 comments:
What great pictures!! So good to see the sights, but especially good to see the sights along with our little Rachel. Love the pic with FDR:-) Looks like you had a wonderful day. I bet you all slept well that night! Love, Mom
Good pictures! Mike and I constantly say that we need to go on a DC tour and get fun photos before we move for seminary.
I miss Rachel so much!! I can wait to see her!...and you guys also of course. DC was neat I am sure, but wait until she experiences the BLOOMSBURG FAIR!!!
Post a Comment