Thursday, October 29, 2009

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

There's been a lot of rain lately. Ben thought it'd be a great idea to let Rachel don her great Strawberry Shortcake raincoat that some friends gave her, along w/ the rain boots I found at the outlets. We thought she'd have fun. Not sure if she thought that we were trying to torture her or what, but she balled (like the loud, embarrassing cries) while we buttoned her up and walked her to the sidewalk. I'm sure the neighbors thought we were mean parents forcing our child out into the rain. But we were like, "Rachel you're going to go play in the rain and have fun!" So ridiculous! Hey, splashing in the rain actually is fun. Mommy and Daddy were right - who knew?!?!
Ironically, she cried going out b/c she didn't want to go, and she cried coming in b/c she didn't want to be done w/ playing in the rain.

1 comment:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

This is too cute:-) I can just hear her. But, you know she has to be sure of things before she "jumps right into the water":-)Being a little cautious is not a bad thing- I think it will serve her well in life. She's a delight!!!