I wish Rachel felt a little better on her 15 mo milestone......unfortunately, just when I thought the yakking (sounds better to me than the more precise terms) was clearing up, it made a 2 stint reappearance yesterday. All I can say is that our dear sitter has a servant's heart and was so helpful yesterday....when she dealt w/ southern region stomach issues and 1 episode of yakking. And then she stuck around and helped me when I came home and Rachel yakked again while I was holding her. So far, nothing from the north or south today, but Rachel is very tired and whiny. I have gotten some amazing snuggles over the past few days, so it does equal out. But the poor thing is totally tuckered out, and she is having a hard time functioning. Life on crackers and water isn't too invigorating.
But, the Lord grants the patience and strength needed for each day. While I'm not feeling in tiptop shape these past few days, He's provided the energy I need for each moment today. And, He answers prayers....Rachel is sleeping soundly right now giving me a well needed rest. (Not sure why I took that time of rest to blog....oh that's right, it's been 3 days and no pictures for the grandparents - I'm just kidding, well kinda!).
At any rate, on to her 15 mo stats:
weight: 26 pounds (sadly, I don't think she's 26 pounds now:( I miss her big hams for thighs!)
height: 31.5"
head circ: 19 1/4"
Basically, she's in the 90s for all her percentiles. But those are just numbers:) Really, she could be tiny or big, and she's just perfect for us. Despite her sickness, she has a generally laidback personality and loves being w/ us (seriously, who wouldn't?!?!). She has fun rolling the ball back and forth w/ Ben or learning animal sounds w/ us (or from us - we're not learning them for the first time, I hope)....even though she does everything according to her own schedule - especially walking. I know she's capable of saying meow, but she just stares back at me when I try to get her to say it, but she can say cat (sounds more like dat). Perhaps it's b/c Puma (our cat) doesn't meow (he's hissed, growled and whined before - but that's when it's nail clipping time). I've found that if she's already making a sound, then it's easier to spring from there. So, I just taught her a monkey sound before naptime b/c she was making an ooh ahh ahh sound, and she picked it right up. Snake sound and bunny rabbit face went the same way. She picked up the elephant sound from her cousin AnaGrace, and the lamb sound started b/c she was just picking up on the 'b' sound.
Anyway, she says Momma, Daddy, baby (in response to the pictures around the house - not b/c of anything else!), cat, obey (very important word!), and Bev (her sitter). Many of the words have to be distinguished based on intonation;) Also, she says nana.....either for my mom or for banana. My mom tends to think it's for her, but she says the word quite forcefully, and she loooovvvveesss bananas, so I'm not going to post here what I think:)
Alrighty, enough rambling for me...sorry - it's just how my head is today; here's 2 pics of our little munchky moo on Wednesday.....not feeling quite herself but trying to be a trooper.
3 comments:
A big gentle hug and kiss for our little Rachel from her
Naaanaaaa:-) and her grandpop. All I know is that she wasn't looking for a banana when she said nanna when you were here last:-) That's all I know!! Know that we are praying for you all.
Love, Mom and Dad
Can she handle the "BRAT" diet when feeling sickly? Might be a little more fun than water/cracker, etc. (Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast - it's supposed to be the best things to eat when sick or having a stomach bug.)
Well, she can typically handle the "BRAT" diet when she's sick, but not when she's puking. We did that more over the weekend.....once she went at least 12 hours w/ out puking. She was loving her bananas today!
Post a Comment