Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Care Bear Bandaids = Torture

So, you know you're cranky when not even a Care Bear bandaid can cheer you up:) I put a Care Bear bandaid on Rachel's finger this morning during breakfast (her cuticle tore and it was bleeding), and you would have thought that I was torturing her. She touched it with her other forefinger and then whimpered, and then cried. So what did I do? I got the camera:) I figured I'd save the picture as a reminder for her when she requests a bandaid in the future. You moms who have older kids probably know about these requests.....it's the "this cut (i.e. minor scrape) is REALLY bad....I think I need a bandaid" requests. I've overheard these types of requests before, so I thought I was doing a sweet thing for Rachel. I gladly wear her Care Bear bandaids.....it picks my mood right up! Oh well. Sigh. BTW - check out the crazy bedhead! Rachel got a bath last night, and she woke up w/ some fluffy hair today!!!


So, in other news.....yesterday was a bit of a cranky day too. So, at one point, I got out my brush, propped her up behind me and let her "brush" my hair. She does get the brush in there and wiggle it around, and she actually does enjoy this. This is one of those times I'm happy to have straight hair and don't envy those w/ curly hair.....like I do when I have to spend time blowdrying my hair straight....daily. So, I asked her if she was making Mommy's hair pretty, and she said "bpity?". And then started to repeat it...."bpity, bpity, bpity." She also repeated after Ben on Monday night when he was pointing out the circles on our couch pillows. He looked up at me, his eyes lit up, and he said, "she's going to be a mathmetician!" Right....saying "circle" is all that's required for that field:) It's funny that she seems to pick and choose the words she wants to parrot.....and the things that we try to get her to say, she just responds w/ a blank stare.

1 comment:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

Did she take the band-aid off? She really was not happy to have that on her finger. Just like her Nanna who can't stand having to have a band-aid on fingers. I don't know why, but I'm sure, like you say, when she gets a little older, she'll be wanting one for every little boo-boo. She's still adorable even with the poochy face:-)