Monday, March 17, 2008

High Chair Hangout

I know it's been a bit since I posted last, but times are a bit busy as of late. I have a lot of catching up to do - hopefully, I'll be able to catch up on blog posts soon. For now, hope you enjoy pictures of Rachel hamming it up w/ me when sitting under her high chair playing.

Rachel's definitely learning how to turn on the charm or test her limits. This morning, when I was changing her, I handed her tennis shoe to her to play with. For the most part, she understands that shoes are not for eating and so, usually, she tries to put them on her feet, which is pretty entertaining to us. However, this morning, she tried to put it in her mouth. I reminded her not to eat it, but that shoes were for her feet. She takes it out of her mouth, and then, she looks at me (and that's where I see Ben's gleam come into her eyes), starts to bring the shoe towards her mouth, and then stops about an inch away from her mouth and makes pretend chewing noises. I have to admit that this stuff takes me off guard. There's the clearcut disobedience, but the playing around seems like a cross between pushing boundaries and joking around......and I'm not sure which one it was closer to or if I should even determine that. Ack! Plus, I have decide whether I want to show that I thought it was funny - all in split second b/c you know if she knows that I know it's funny, she is so doing it again! Man, she may seem laidback but she definitely keeps me on my toes!

2 comments:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

How adorable. Wish I was there to play with her:-) Can't wait to see you all!! Love, Mom

Lisa said...

Looks like a cozy corner for reading! =)