Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our Little Fighter

Here's a pic of our little fighter (her middle name, Kelly, means warrior) w/ her reflux monitor and tube taped to her face;-( They inserted the tube w/ out any anesthesia (which I thought she was going to have) and I had to hold her. It'll be a while before I forget the look in her eyes. I'm sure she's already forgotten it.....although when the tape gets ripped off her face tomorrow and the tube is pulled out, she might have some fresh memories to forget again.
Although she didn't eat well after they put the tube down her nose - I mean, she was ticked about it. I was REALLY nervous about feeding her for the next 24 hours at that point. She just rejected that bottle, coughed and sputtered. But once she took a little nap in my arms, got her xray and slept a little on the way home, she ate okay for the rest of the day. She's taken some naps, and as you can see has shown us her sweet smiles. She can be quite pleasant (which is what Naomi means) when she's not bothered by her reflux (or what we think is reflux).

At any rate, I have been mostly calm today. I have really felt a peace about this that can only be attributed to the prayers of our friends and family. Truly, the Lord has sustained us. I should be sleeping, but I wanted to post a quick update and thank all those who have kept us in their prayers.

Oh, and here's a pic of Rachel.....her Daddy was outside playing w/ her after supper. She loves watering the yard......she calls it the garden. She looks like such a little girl to me in this picture!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naomi is such a trooper!!

I love how in the first pic she's in mid-wrap in the Miracle Blanket.

Katy said...

Keep up the good work, sweet Pleasant one! And be sure to share lots of smiles with Mom and Dad!

Devon said...

too sweet. tubes in the nose are no fun - what a little trooper she is!