Friday, May 8, 2009

So Loved

I think sometimes, it takes going through the trials to realize how loved you truly are. I've felt really loved these past 10 weeks.....not b/c everything is going my way and working out as I think it should (most days, it's quite the opposite!).

Despite being confused about what Naomi is struggling with and why, the Lord has continued to show me His love for me. I'm reminded when I pray that I would love my children sacrificially, even when one or both of them is crying at the top of their lungs (one for attention and the other out of pain - I'll let you be the judge on which is which!), how much more God has loved me by sending His Son to die for undeserving me. I'm sure I cry louder than my kids, but God has still loved me and won't let me go. And so, He has sustained us through the past 10 weeks, and we pray He will continue to do so.

And then, there's the friends who have dropped in to spend time w/ us during the day and/or the ones who have lovingly made meals for us. I've received notes of encouragement, many hugs, and been reminded of the many prayers that are being prayed for our family. I've never appreciated our church so much as I have these past 10 weeks. I've really felt that people have helped to bear our burdens with us.

And last, but certainly not least, there's our families......they've called to check on us, they've prayed for us, they've taken time out of their lives to come down and help for days at a time. At times, I feel overwhelmed by their sacrificial love for our family.

My prayer is that I will love others as well as I have been loved.

2 comments:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

We love you all and you are a blessing to us. It gives us great joy to be with you. The Lord is so good-He works in His children to love and serve one another. Great is His faithfulness!!

Devon said...

Jill that was so beautifully written. Being a mom of a handicap child I can understand so much of what you are going through. I have found, through our own battles with Irelyns disease, how amazing Gods Love is and how he presents it to us in so many ways. Quite honestly, Im convinced that He gives even moreso when its the little ones & their parents who need Him. :-)