So, Ben had a great week. About a year ago, he had an "I love my job" moment when he got to shoot a mini-gun out of a helicopter. Then, last week, he got to go to The Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show and Conference (SHOT Show). So, he thought that was a pretty good week.....check out guns for work. Not a bad deal.
Tuesday night, Ben called me and told me to guess who he ran into at the conference. This is a newer conference for Ben, so I wracked my brain and started spouting off a few potential people that could be there.
Usually, Ben lets me guess for a while, but this time, he let me guess one person before he says, "Brian Urlacher!" (For those that are not die-hard Chicago Bears fans, he's # 54 - one of the best defensive players)
So, I reply, "SHUT UP!!!! That's AWESOME!" I will say that I'm a pretty cool wife b/c there's a part of me that kinda wanted to be there too. I'm a Bears fan by marriage, but I feel the loyalty for the team. Good thing Ben had his Bears lanyard that I got for him so that Urlacher could sign that for him. I told Ben to go back and hang out w/ him (Ben was concerned about being regarded as a stalker). Good thing he did b/c he wound up w/ a pretty nice picture of him and his new BFF (best friend forever).
Oh, and he did have a good time at the conference too - learned a lot for work:-).
3 comments:
Wow! How exciting for Ben! What a job:-)
How neat - congrats, Ben!
Here we thought he was working so hard!
Post a Comment