Well, I think Ben hit his snow limit. Maybe he's tired of shoveling (I would be too if I logged as many hours as he did). But when the snow started falling late this afternoon, he did not ask me where the camera was. He has made zero attempts at taking another picture of the snow. What's the point? He'll see enough of the white stuff soon enough when he gets to shovel it while dealing with Rachel.
And when I say dealing w/ Rachel, here is an example of what I mean (mind you, I'm watching all of this from our front window.....while I lounge on the couch in sweats and slippers. I mean, I have to manage Naomi, so I am doing something!):
Rachel waddles around in her puffy snow gear. She leans over to eat the snow or draw in the snow. "Woooaahhhh!" She falls over. She makes some grunting noises like she's actually attempting to get up. "Daddy help!" she cries. Ben says (while still shoveling heavy snow that's about 2 feet deep), "Rachel, you can do it!" Rachel cries, "Daddy, I'm stuck. I can't get up!" Ben sighs and puts down his shovel. He walks over to her and picks her up by the back of the coat and sets her on her two feet. She calls out, "Thank you, Daddy!" and then she waddles away. Ben picks up his shovel again and resumes shoveling....only to stop again in 5 more minutes. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's no wonder he didn't get excited about "playing" in the snow today:-)
At any rate, the snow is falling again. We're supposed to get another 7 - 14 inches, and I thought I'd take the first batch of pictures of this storm and carry the torch for Ben:-) I don't know if I'll carry the shoveling torch, but I can do the documenting thing when necessary.


No comments:
Post a Comment