Sweet Naomi is one year old! Wow. I think I'm emotional about this b/c of the year we've had. We've had hours of screaming from a newborn for months on end, severe reduction of sleep, and then just as things had somewhat stabilized, Ben had a stroke. And yet, I feel emotional about Noami turning one b/c she is so dear to me, and she is a reminder of God's goodness and faithfulness to our family throughout this past year. Naomi is a fighter, and she is determined. But, she is such a cuddlebug and snuggly with us, and she's so incredibly sweet and pleasant. But, she's also not afraid to make her presence or her wants known....that girl has a great set of lungs - we've known that from day one. I have loved watching her personality unfold. I also love watching her interact with Rachel. As I look down on her sleepy eyes right before I lay her down for the night, I feel so incredibly blessed by God's goodness to us in giving us this sweet child and for how He has sustained us and strengthened us this past year. This past year has shown me more fully that God's mercies are new every morning, and that He is a faithful God.
Naomi did NOT think that the doctor's office was so swell. Oh well. Our doctor is kind and was not offended by her deathgrip on my shirt. He also wasn't offended by her tears (and this was before her shots!).
Here are her stats:
Height: 29.5 inches
Weight: 25.4 lbs
Head: 19 inches
Naomi was blessed w/ 3 parties for her first birthday. I don't have pics from Grandma's or Nanna's parties, but here are some of the highlights:
Rachel helping w/ the cupcakes:

No, these are not my best creations, but frankly, neither Naomi nor Rachel really cared. So, I wasn't too worried about it.....especially since I scraped off 2/3rds of Naomi's icing and Rachel eats all her icing first and then asks for more icing!
Naomi loves her cupcakes!!!

Presents! Rachel made her two cards....one was folded by Mommy and one was folded by Rachel:-)
I really can't believe I'm posting this pic of me, but I don't want to forget how weirded out she was by this penguin. Ben and I thought that a blow up penguin that bobbled around on the floor was a great, cheap gift.......we never thought that Naomi would be scared of it! She's warming up to it, but like all of Naomi's toys, a certain 3 year old seems to get more mileage out of them. 

The balls were a definite hit! 

1 comment:
You made our day! Great pics of the girls. How nice to have pics of Rachel helping to bake the cupcakes for Naomi's birthday and pics of the cards she made and the one she folded. They will enjoy looking at them down the road. We certainly enjoyed seeing them this morning!!!
Post a Comment