Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Great Outdoors

So, I thought that taking Rachel outside might motivate her to want to walk on her own. But alas, she had a stronger aversion to putting her feet down, and when placed in the grass, she cried. Yup, that's my girl. She loves going for walks w/ me.....when she's in my arms or in the stroller. We even tried to take a ball outside w/ us today too since she loves playing catch w/ us.....nope didn't work. The good thing is that I'm seeing progress every week. We're working through things, but I guess confidence or desire plays into it this. I know every kid is an individual and does things according to their own timetable. Her doctor(s) tell me to watch, but since she's progressing, they're not worried. Plus, her super-mom/occupational therapist Aunt Kelly has been quite reassuring and helpful as well:) But I guess I thought that miracles were going to happen just by taking her outside in this 70 degree weather. Nope....not the case. But here are some pretty pictures;-)
Those are the happy pictures. I didn't take many of her crying, but she was very tentative and clingy both days while we were outside. Here, Ben actually placed her in the grass...what a horrible thing to do?!?!?!

1 comment:

Fritz Gang said...

So...cute....when Cameron was Rachel's age, he didn't like grass or sand...he slowly warmed up to both of them:) It is funny but Cameron didn't walk to after he turned one, but was speaking clearly and in sentences at one and a half. Meanwhile, Hunter was walking at 10 months and we still have to translate for him although he is finally speaking more clearly and in sentences. Relax in that God gave you Rachel because you were the perfect parents to raise and nuture her (even with her little quirks that can make your heart melt and at other times drive you crazy). I don't think I'll ever stop worrying about my kids....God is always teaching me that He is in control and He loves them even more than I. It wasn't until I became a parent that I had some inkling of God's love for me!