Ben took Rachel to the zoo for a playdate w/ friends when I went on the women's retreat w/ our church. What a fun Daddy:) First stop - elephants, of course. Then the camera was put away for the remainder of the excursion;-)
And then, this past weekend was so nice, so the three of us went to the zoo on Saturday morning. We thought that Rachel would be distracted enough to enjoy toddling a little. Yeah, that didn't happen, but we had fun together. She's enjoyed the DVD her great-grandma gave to her that has all farm animals on it, so we took her down to the farm section of the zoo. She got to pet a goat, and she loved it. I didn't take her inside the fence....I figured after waiting in line, she'd probably freak out once inside. It worked out just fine....less chances to step on anything, no smelly hands for me, and no meltdowns once inside:)
And then, this past weekend was so nice, so the three of us went to the zoo on Saturday morning. We thought that Rachel would be distracted enough to enjoy toddling a little. Yeah, that didn't happen, but we had fun together. She's enjoyed the DVD her great-grandma gave to her that has all farm animals on it, so we took her down to the farm section of the zoo. She got to pet a goat, and she loved it. I didn't take her inside the fence....I figured after waiting in line, she'd probably freak out once inside. It worked out just fine....less chances to step on anything, no smelly hands for me, and no meltdowns once inside:) 
We had to stop by the elephants, of course. Rachel loves making elephant noises;-)

There is a tiger in the background, but I stink at locating them. He's laying down...in between Ben and Rachel's heads. You'll need to squint!

Rachel also loved the river otter. She giggled at it swimming!
1 comment:
What wonderful pics. The zoo is one of my favorite places. It's so neat to see all the different animals the Lord has made. Did she see a giraffe? We'll have to take Rachel to Claws N Paws in the Poconos, so she can feed the giraffe:-) Love, Mom
Post a Comment