Wow. Our little Rae of Sunshine is 18 months old today. This past month, she officially became a toddler....w/ the ability to go mobile via walking about 2 weeks ago. I took her in for her 18 month appointment on the 6th of May. I told the pediatrician that she is still not walking, and of course, Rachel was taking steps left and right in front of the pediatrician. Her pediatrician said, "Well, she's practically walking right now." Thanks Rachel. Then, her pediatrician predicted that she'd be walking w/in 2 weeks.....turns out she was right. Last week, she got up one morning and just decided to walk.....and now I hardly ever see her crawl.
It's so funny to us b/c it seems like w/ the ability...or just confidence and desire (since she seemed very capable before), her vocabulary has taken off too. She parrots us and interacts so much more. She's becoming a little person right before our eyes....w/ all her quirks and isms and things we love so much.
She's still into her purse...carries it around the house w/ her hot pink phone inside it. She also uses her teething rings as bracelets;) I got her a "cooler" set of keys last week for our 2nd weekend out of 3 to PA, but she didn't take to them as well as I thought she would. Guess those Parents Magazine toys aren't so cool:-) Oh well.
Here she is....hamming it up for the camera last week..


BTW: Rachel is checking in at 29+lbs and 33+ inches long these days. I think she's on a growth spurt lately though....her belly has really thinned out, but she still weighs the same....hmmm. I subscribe to my sister-in-law Kelly's theory that kids get wide first then tall....seems to happen w/ Rachel. So, we'll see what she's at when she goes to her pediatrician in November:-) Oh, and her head is still in the high 90s on the charts - basically, I had to get her a 2T/3T hat at Old Navy a few weeks ago;-)
1 comment:
How precious...my kiddos went by Kelly's theory. They were both VERY chubby and now have spread it out quite nicely.
On trucks and purses,(Gary would hate me for writting this but...) Hunter has a baby that he carries around and it is so precious because he can be so caring and rock the baby and then the next moment the testerone kicks in and he is throwing the baby across the room.
Rachel is growing up and her looks are changing drastically now and she IS looking more and more like a toddler.
Cameron was 18 months old when I got the itch for another baby....so I'll be anxiously awaiting baby news..(which by the way Cughans are pregnant again!!)
While I had the itch for a baby right away God chose to send us Hunter years later and it has only been recently that I saw His perfect plan in His timing.
Love ya
Post a Comment