Last week, Rachel and I had a fun afternoon together baking cookies before Daddy got home from work. I was trying to think of something different and fun for her, and it turns out she loved it. Of course she did - she's my girl! I mean, we even made homemade icing! Of course, the icing was technically the only homemade part;-) I mean, we did bake the cookies....even if we didn't mix them or put the ingredients together! I do draw the line at store bought icing.....since icing has like 3 ingredients and tastes so much better when it's homemade. I do prefer homemade cakes over boxed cakes, but cookies, well, I'm a little tired right now, and pillsbury and Nestle Tollhouse (or Neslay Toolhouse for any fellow Friends fans out there) are where I'm at right now!
Give the girl a measuring cup and spatula, and she is pretty happy. Of course, the spatula can be used to beat the cookies a little bit, but ya know, you win some and you lose some:-)
Yup, she's trying to swipe a cookie while I'm taking the picture....nothing like making sure there's evidence to prove what she's done.
No comments:
Post a Comment