There were 6 people in the elevator.....you'd think this would grant me immunity from pregnancy talk.....nope.
Lady asks me over the shuffle of all 6 of us piling on the elevator: "Boy, right?"
Me: (chuckle) "Nope"
Lady to herself: "well, it looks like it's going to be a boy"
I can tell she actually thinks my docs are wrong. So, I gotta smile. I thought maybe this would be the end. My one co-worker is riding on the elevator too and trying not to laugh (she had twins a little over a year ago, so I know she remembers the elevator rides. The 4 men are standing w/ stone-face expressions not looking to the right or the left during this.
Lady talks to me again - now around the uncomfortable looking men: "Due any day, right?"
Me: (again, chuckling): "Yup."
And then uncomfortable silence until "ding" thankfully, she gets off on the 6th floor and I can get to the 10th floor in peace. People crack me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment