Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lovey B

So, back when I was trying to get Rachel's 2 year old pictures taken (the first time....like when we had to leave w/out a single picture due to her meltdown mode), in a weak moment, I purchased a lovey for Rachel in hopes that she would like it and calm down and resume picture-taking that day so I could scratch 2 year old pics off of my to-do list. Yes, I was one of those parents. Don't judge me! It was a moment of weakness....perhaps not my finest moment, I'll give you that.

This lovey looks just like her first lovey....only it's nice and white and not a gross gray, and it has a blue satin lining instead of pink. Ben thought perhaps we should put it away (since she had loved on it and I cut the tags and couldn't return it), so we had it in the basement waiting to be put somewhere. So, I was going through our files, and Rachel happened to see it.

This was her response: "Ohhhhh, wow!!!!!!! An angel!" and then she hugged it and held on tight. I, once again, turned into a softy, and let her have it. I did tell her that it's just like her other lovey and its whiteness does not make it an angel sent from above. I suggested that we call it "Lovey B" - for Lovey Blue. So, we don't have Lovey A and Lovey B. She does love her Lovey B a little more right now, so I tried to swipe Care Bear, Lovey, and Bunny and blankets (yes, we have sleep props!) from her, and I managed to do so for two nights.....until today when she asked for all of them in a whimpering voice. Of course I gave them all back to her.....haven't I proven that I am quite a softy already?!?!?!

So, after that novel - here she is enjoying her Lovey B, which I'm sure will soon take on a gross gray look (it gets carried far more places than Lovey was ever allowed).

1 comment:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

She is such a sweetie!! Can't wait to see her:-)