Friday, March 20, 2009

A Good Week

Ben and I have had a pretty good week. Neither of us really want him to go back to work on Monday, but alas, somebody has to earn some cash around here:-) So, on Monday, I start out on my own w/ Rachel and Naomi. It is a little daunting to me right now....especially w/ Naomi's colic spells.

I'll post some of our pics from this week tomorrow, but here's some highlights:

* We survived....through temper tantrums, being tired, projectile infant vomiting, and 45 min - hour long crying spells.
* We got some pictures hung up on the walls and cleaned out some of the boxes on the sunporch!
* I've had a doctor's appointment.....incision wasn't doing as well as it should, but all's ok now.
* Naomi had another doctor's appointment....we're trying out acid reflux medication to see if that's the issue w/ her crying spells (since she seems in pain) and her vomiting issues. But, she is gaining well....10 lb 6 oz today!
* Rachel has had a blast w/ her Daddy all week....I think we'll both be in withdrawal next week.
* After hearing Rachel say "blah, blah, blah, forever!" for the past 3 weeks, we finally cracked the code on what she's been learning in Sunday School. Today, she just spit out (not kidding) "1 Chronicles 16:34". I was at my desk, and Ben said, "Quick, look that up, Jill". Sure enough, the verse reads: "Oh give thanks to the Lord for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever."
* Rachel is still often singing Happy Birthday (to no one in particular) and now, she started singing Amazing Grace....after only singing it through for her a few times. We sing other songs - don't worry!
* We took Rachel (and Naomi - but she slept) to a really cool park on Wednesday - I had gone w/ Rachel and family before, but Ben had a blast keeping up w/ her all around the park.
* Ben got to go golfing for the first time in 2009 - put a smile on his face!

Well, we've had a long, but good week. I'll post pics soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad that you're exploring acid reflux remedies- that was my first thought when you said colic and projectile vomiting. it could be allergies too- NJ projectile vomited when i gave him formula (not that you are) but she could be reacting to something in your breastmilk.

i heard rave reviews about clemyjontri park! hope to visit someday.

*hugs* to you as you adjust to life w/o Ben on hand.