Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Catch!

Playing catch or throwing things is part of living life as a Hamilton. Ben and his brother Joel usually don't just sit and have a conversation....they throw a ball or a coaster or some other fun object back and forth. Often, it turns into a game.

When dinner is over at our house, I start clearing the dishes and I get a wet paper towel for Ben to wipe off Rachel's face. I don't carry the paper towel over to the table.....I throw it across the room to him. I guess that explains why she still had tomato sauce on her face when I took her to the playground after supper....Daddy wasn't at the table tonight to catch the paper towel.

Perhaps when you start dating in highschool, you never really get that desire to totally become an adult.....

I guess that's why I found it really funny today when suddenly, I heard Rachel exclaim "Catch!" while I was driving, and then turn and see her plastic baggy that formally held her teddy grahams come sailing across the console in the front. Yeah, she'll fit right in around here;-)

2 comments:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

That is too funny:-) Pretty soon she'll start "competing" with you two "kids":-)

Katy said...

That's neat! I love hearing about fun little family traditions like that! =)