Monday, September 14, 2009

Noisy Car Rides

Ok, so I'm not gonna lie. Rachel can be a little noisy when we're riding in the car. Let's just say that she claims to have many needs....and all needs are preceded by multiple proclamations of either "DADDY!" or "MOMMY!". Sunday was no exception. And, yes, on the way to church, I should be calm and handle the multiple requests for raisins and whatnot, but, well, let's just say that I wasn't. Sooooo, after calmly answering multiple requests, I turned the volume up on the radio (really mature of me, I know, but in my defense, Ben said that he wanted a limo window installed in the Explorer). At least the Lord provided us with a good laugh to liven things up:

Rachel: DADDY! (yes, caps are being used to indicate a raised voice)

Ben: Yes, Rachel.

Rachel: DADDY!

Ben: Yes, Rachel.

Rachel: My pointer fingers are in my ears.

Ok, the music was not that loud! But it does explain why she couldn't hear Ben the first time he answered her!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha, Ha....Dan saw an '82 cadillac limousine for sale in the paper on Sunday....I have always told him that my dream car would have a soundproof glass behind the drivers seat as well as a fully stocked fridge (juice boxes and fruit, of course). WE had a noisy day on Sunday, too. So when Dan saw the limo. for sale, we got a good laugh. I am NOT above driving my limo. to the grocery store. Love ya all.

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

Aunt Margaret and Uncle George had an old Cadillac limo with the glass behind the drivers seat. They would just push the button and have total silence. Well, they had 6 kids back there, and it could get really loud. And to think that none were in car seats. I don't think they even had to have seat belts on then. It was a different time, but they loved pushing the button and raising the glass.