Here are some pics of Rachel enjoying her cereal today. She ate about a TBL and a half each time, but as you can see in the pictures, not all of that wound up in her belly:) In this picture, you can also see that Rachel loves her Aunt Kelly!!! :)
Lamentations 3:22-23 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.
Monday, April 23, 2007
Rice Cereal is a Treat!
So, the day after Rachel turns 5 months old, Ben and I decided it was okay to feed Rachel some rice cereal. Her appetite has been increasing recently, and she's been observing me eating things. So, about an hour after I nursed her, she seemed hungry again, so I thought that I'd try giving her rice cereal. Well, she really liked it. She whimpered when it wasn't coming fast enough, and by our second try w/ it this evening, she opened up her mouth to the spoon every time, as opposed to trying to suck the cereal off of the spoon. The thing I personally love about rice cereal is the dried on tacky feeling it leaves behind....kinda special:)
Here are some pics of Rachel enjoying her cereal today. She ate about a TBL and a half each time, but as you can see in the pictures, not all of that wound up in her belly:) In this picture, you can also see that Rachel loves her Aunt Kelly!!! :)


And here's the empty bowl from our first try with rice cereals (I'm sure you're all rolling your eyes at me...it's such a first-time parent thing to take a picture of the empty bowl and spoon).
And here's our second try with rice cereal....Rachel again enjoyed eating it and wearing it!
Here are some pics of Rachel enjoying her cereal today. She ate about a TBL and a half each time, but as you can see in the pictures, not all of that wound up in her belly:) In this picture, you can also see that Rachel loves her Aunt Kelly!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Another development! She'll be picking up Cheerios with her little fingers and enjoying those crunchy little O's before you know it. It's hard to believe she is already 5 months old. What a delight that you share her firsts with everyone. Love, Nanna
Awesome!! I think I will wait until Nate Jr is closer to 5 months as well.
Yahoo! You know she is getting so big... I miss you guys... Can't wait to see you all again!
Matt
Congratulations! We introduced rice cereal at close to 6 months, and Kathryn wanted nothing to do with any solids until she was over 7 months old! She's finally in the swing of things. That Rachel's a good eater. =)
Yeah, so far she loves her cereal....unfortunately, it doesn't make her belly feel that great - apparently rice cereal can be a bit constipating for them - and it seemed so for her!! So, I think I'm going to try oatmeal cereal tomorrow....we'll see what she thinks of it. She's just really interested in it and reaching for more even when we finished feeding......we shall see:)
Post a Comment