Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend Update

The Lord blessed us with another great weekend. We got to hang out with friends and family both days....and never took pictures!?!?! Seriously, we need to get better at the picture taking! I, of course, always think about the pictures I should have taken once I sit down to blog. Ah well, lessons learned.

Ok, so new Rachel developments......yesterday, she learned the squeal/scream. I mean, she's squealed when she giggles/laughs, but she was laying on her activity mat yesterday afternoon, and she just started squealing at her toys - very high-pitched and very loud. So, she continued to do this throughout the day, and has continued doing it this morning. Right now, I find it pretty entertaining. I'm not so sure that will always be the case, but it is quite cute (you may need to remind me about how cute I thought this was in a few weeks or days). I guess she's just learning what her voice can do. It seems like she has changed a bit these past two days.....just stepped up her game in her alert/awake periods. I'm sure it has only just begun:) Yesterday, she watched me eat about 20 grapes....every single one. She watched my hand go to the baggy and then to my mouth.....head going back and forth with every grape. It was quite cute, and good to see that she's interested in what I'm eating.....hopefully that makes it a little easier when we start her on solids in another month or so. I know I should hold onto these simple pre-solid food days, but there's still a part of me that's kinda excited to start the next phase.

So, I don't have any new pictures to post of Rachel (b/c Ben and I didn't take any pictures over the weekend), so I thought I'd leave you with one where Rachel was about 2 days old.....our sweet little pumpkin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! so precious. It's amazing how she still looks so much like she did at 2 days but then also so much older.

The Hamilton Family said...

She really does! Time flies by so quickly....and she's only about to be 5 months!!! I'm sure you feel the same way w/ Nathan Jr! It feels like yesterday I only had a 9 lb baby.....now she's 20lb+ :) Oooh....other new Rachel things....she's staring intently at her feet and grabbing at them now - probably trying to figure out how to get them to her mouth, and she's now reaching out for the mirror....just the beginning of the fingerprints I will be cleaning!!!

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

To see little Rachel's growth in less than 5 months is just wonderful. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Can't wait to hold her on Friday:-) Also, the new format is very nice, but next time, please remember the camera:-(
Love you all!