Rachel had fun on the metro and walking around....it's easy to be totally unaffected by the masses of people when someone is pushing you in a stroller!
Lamentations 3:22-23 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.
Thursday, April 5, 2007
DC Tourists
Tuesday afternoon/evening, Ben and I decided to do the spring-time DC tourist thing. Peak bloom for the cherry blossoms was supposed to be mid-week and since we were going on a non-weekend time, we thought it would be less crowded, but w/ some rain on Monday, they weren't really peaky on Tuesday afternoon and there were still tourists a plenty. Oh well. Perhaps if they were peaked out, we would have been more joyful w/ the swarms of tourists. It's frustrating b/c the trees and tidal basin are so beautiful, but it's a bit disappointing because there are so many people and it's very difficult to get around. But, we did have some fun times....and we were even sucked into buying hot dogs from a street vendor....so worth it:) Street vendor hot dogs remind me of when my dad used to take me to get hot dogs from a little shop in Tamaqua.....only thing missing for me on Tuesday was the 7-up.
Rachel had fun on the metro and walking around....it's easy to be totally unaffected by the masses of people when someone is pushing you in a stroller!



And lastly, this picture doesn't give you a good view of the cherry blossoms around the basin (as I couldn't see due to the sun and all the people continually walking in front of me) but it gives a good glimpse of all the tourists on the Jefferson Memorial...I'm sure it was even worse over the weekend:)
BTW - I have caught the lockness monster, er I mean, I have caught Rachel rolling over on video - yay! So, when we get some time, we will upload the video. Of course, once I caught her rolling over on camera, she kept rolling over very easily, and it really lessened my feeling of victory. I guess it's one of my lessons in humility for the day:)
Rachel had fun on the metro and walking around....it's easy to be totally unaffected by the masses of people when someone is pushing you in a stroller!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my!! What beautiful pics!!! Our little Rachel is so beautiful among the blossoms:-) Actually, with or without the blossoms! Can't wait to hold her and kiss those sweet cheeks! Love, Nanna
So cute! We hope to make it down there soon to see the cherry blossoms.
Rachel looks like she had so much fun with her dad and mom. I'm so sorry I missed you guys this weekend. Please let me know when you are home again. Miss ya!!
Hey Joy
Look at you w/ your own blog now....and Hunter is SUCH a cutie....and I love Cameron's hair in this pic - what a great family photo! We'll catch up another weekend - no worries! Hope you're feeling better!
~Jill
Post a Comment