Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Mmmmm, Readers Digest Is Good!

Rachel has really taken a liking to Readers Digest! She looked at the same magazine for a long time (30-45 min yesterday and about 20 min this morning) these past two days. Although, by this morning, there was a lot less of the magazine for her to look at. For some reason, she finds the paper fascinating, and since this magazine came wrapped in plastic, I felt a little better about giving it to her since it didn't get manhandled by the mail system, although, I block out what it could have touched during production pre-plastic wrap:)

Here she is enjoying her magazine in her cute dress that Katy picked out for her. Thanks Katy!
This is her most recent normal look....tongue almost hanging out as she studies things and contemplates putting everything into her mouth:)

Here's the pile-up of papers I tried to collect after they looked like they were either too saturated w/ drool or about to fall out of the magazine. This morning I did have to fish out a bit of paper from her mouth after I noticed that it looked like she was chewing a piece of gum. Oops! I figure it might give her a little more fiber:)

5 comments:

grandma & pahpah said...

Could the word "Digest" in the name have given you any clue as to what she might try to do???

The Hamilton Family said...

You're right - that should have given me a clue! LOL!

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

You probably felt deprived as a baby because you didn't get to do that, but Matt had a ball with magazines. I think it's a first baby thing. When you have 3 children, the thought of more mess sometimes means #2 and 3 don't always get to do the "fun" things that the first-born got to do:-)

Anonymous said...

yes, but aren't the rules usually stricter for the firstborn? (speaking from experience here...) :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty in pink! =)