Monday, July 2, 2007

Another Good Weekend

My weekend started out by being able to hang out with my friend Kyung and her son, Nathan Jr on Friday. Nathan is only a few weeks younger than Rachel, so it's fun for us to compare notes on what's worked for us, etc. Nathan and Rachel seemed to have a good time together; although, I couldn't help but realize that every toy that either Kyung or I gave to Nathan, Rachel seemed to have to reach over and take the toy from him. Hmmmm. We'll have to curb that:) Here's some pics of our kids playing. I'm posting a few of them playing w/ the discovery ball b/c you can see how the discovery ball gets pulled closer and closer to Rachel....again, hmmmmm.

Notice how the discovery ball starts in the center. They were both making it spin around.
Now, here's another angle.....it has inched closer to Rachel. Now it's just in her lap, and poor Nathan only gets to watch. Rachel Kirsten Hamilton!!!!! It's a good thing that Nathan didn't mind, and they both had a good time. I guess it's never to early to start teaching them how to share:)
Ben and I both had a good Saturday. He got to go golfing w/ a friend. I was hoping that it might lessen his golfing itch he's had lately; although, I expected that it might not. My suspicions have been confirmed.....I went to bed last night, while he stayed up practicing his putting in the living room:) I got to go to the Leesburg Outlets w/ my friend and Rachel's former sitter, Katy. We had a great time, and we both got some great deals!

Yesterday went pretty well too, all things considered....Sundays are sometimes tough due to Rachel's naps - or lack thereof. We enjoyed hearing Michael Lawrence preach yesterday on II Timothy 1:1-14.....talking about Paul's joy - despite imprisonment and hardships, Paul's confidence in Christ (v.12 "For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless, I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."), and Paul's charge to Timothy/us (v. 13-14 "Hold fast the pattern of sound words which have heard from me in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.") I was able to hear much more of the sermon than usual since Rachel did crash on me for about 45 minutes, which allowed me to sit in church...which I haven't been able to do for a little bit. Ben and I were also able to tag-team a little bit yesterday too since he's not ushering for the month of July, so that really helped out a lot. What a great guy:).

I had to take some pictures yesterday.....I really like this Old Navy outfit...especially the cargo cropped pants:) And I love the second picture where she's looking up at her Daddy w/ such adoring eyes! I was trying to get a good picture of her smiling at the camera, but that didn't work out so well, but I think I like the last picture the best anyway. Rachel absolutely adores her Daddy (he is so much fun!), and I love it when I finally get it captured on camera:)

3 comments:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

I think, perhaps, in another few weeks, Nathan will possibly be reaching to put the toy closer to him. They are both curious about what they see and touching it and seeing what it does is all part of growth and learning. Yes, sharing is important, but I don't think, at this age, that it's only the "me,me, me thing. That is,of course a part of it, but I think it's also wonder, trying to understand, and that is so exciting! Can't wait to see you!
Love, Mom

The Hamilton Family said...

Ah, the grandmother's interpretation of the situation:) See ya soon, Mom!

~Jill

Anonymous said...

LOL! NJ says to tell you that he didn't mind! Maybe next time we'll witness a little tug of war...