Ok, so here's the rest of the OBX pictures. One of the good and bad things about traveling with many people is that there are a number of cameras on vacation....so I get kinda laid back about taking pictures b/c I figure someone else has it covered. I need to get a few downloaded next time we head up to PA:) Like I said before, we had a really enjoyable time...playing games, swimming in the pool, going to the beach, riding the kayaks or boogie boards, reading, playing xbox, eating, etc, etc. It was a little tougher this year w/ the trip down due to trying to keep up with the 2 babies' feeding schedules and dealing with all of the traffic. It seemed like whatever we tried to do to avoid traffic, everyone else was doing too. Oh well. We got there, had a good time, and we all made it home in one piece. I can't complain....laundry is done, grocery shopping is done, and I've put in 16 hours of work in the past 2 days w/ a post-vacation cold. The Lord provides the energy for every day:) Rachel was glad to be home.....I sat her in her crib on Saturday night, and she smiled at her bumble bees on her bumpers and started patting them...too cute.
AnaGrace and Rachel had a lot of fun playing together. It's so exciting to think of how much fun these cousins will have together over the years. Next year should be fun when Rachel is ~20 mo and AnaGrace is ~18 mo - hee-hee!

Pah-Pah makes great Donald Duck sounding voices....Rachel loves to hear it and press his cheek to make it "squeak" or "squawk."

"Ooh, Grandma, this is so exciting!"

Mommy and Rachel....chillin in the pool....one of my favorite places to be at the beach:) I know, that's terrible, but during the day, I really struggle w/ putting on sandy sunscreen.....and then when the nasty flies sometimes enjoy hanging around my ankles......argg! This year, it was great too b/c Pah-Pah got us a nice big canopy.....144 sq ft of shade - you can't beat that!

Uncle Ben's setting up Jeremiah and DaniRae to play xBox...

In the xBox zone.......

Aunt Kelly has all sorts of cool early morning toys for the early risers. I'm going to have to start investing in these over the years if Rachel continues the 5AM trend she pulled this year. Thankfully, she adjusted back to 7AM when we got home.

Here's our little Rae-Rae on the last day....chilling while we packed our stuff up. She loves her tags!

And one last picture of the munchkin.......all clear in the nose:) LOL

Ok, and now I feel really bad b/c I don't have a picture of Dan or Joel and Anna:( So, I'm going to have download some when we're back in PA. Well, it's a lot of pictures, folks, and a little bit of annoying scrolling, but I had to play catch-up....otherwise, I might receive some voice mails and emails regarding the lack of beach pictures:)
4 comments:
Yay! Looks like a very fun trip! Welcome back! :)
Love the pix!
Speaking of xbox, have you guys played guitar hero? Ever since video games turned 3D I have not been able to play. I'm all about the 2 dimensional Mario Brothers. But Guitar Hero is so much fun. If you come over sometime, we can play. (I hope my brother doesn't take it to college. I may have to hide it.)
Great pics of family fun. What a wonderful week you all must have had. Rachel was 8 months on Sunday-how the time has flown by. The OBX pics really show how she has developed even in the last few weeks. So exciting! Glad you all had fun and glad you're back:-) Can't wait to see you again.
Love, Mom and Dad
Rachel is so expressive! The whole family looks like they had a great time. Jill - I think you're totally right about the cousins growing up together, what a great blessing to have a built-in best friend! =)
Post a Comment