Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Diamond Head

First thing we did Saturday morning in Hawaii (after calling home, of course) was hike up to the "top" of Diamond Head. The link I provided for Diamond Head explains it a lot better than I ever could and provides some great pictures - so definitely check it out. The hike was less than a mile, but it wasn't quite the breeze I thought it would be:-) But it was well-worth the view.

We had to drive through this tunnel before getting to the park. Hey, that's me in the car - thanks Ben!
We're about to start the climb....at this point, everything looked like it would be a leisurely stroll...
After climbing up the side of the mountain, and going through 2 sets of stairs - one set consisting of 99 steps (I was definitely feeling the burn, but it was good since I sat on the plane for about 11 hours the day before), we go through a tunnel.......climb some more stairs and then crawl through this little opening.......and then we're greeted w/ this view. Like I said - totally worth it!
We have a lot more pictures of Diamond Head, but I don't want the post to get too long. The view was quite amazing. The terrain of Hawaii is really awesome. Throughout the entire trip - even from the point of being on the airplane, I was really in awe of God's creation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! But very happy that you were to enjoy a small vacation with Ben! Did you know that Nathan and I honeymooned there? Good times, good times.

Lisa said...

Wow...good job on the hike! I never would have made it...I'm so out of shape! It looks so beautiful there.