Friday, October 19, 2007

Get Well Soon, Nana!

Rachel and I headed north to PA last Sunday to help out my dear Mom as she recovered from knee surgery. Rachel provided my mom w/ some sunshine, and by yesterday, she was going up and down their 15 stairs in their house like a champ!

If there ever was a week that taught me to roll with the punches, this would be the one. While Rachel was generally sunny and laidback during the day, her nights took a hit this past week. One night, she stayed awake for 3 hours - from 11:30 to 2:30. Just ask my husband if I happen to be a night person too:) But, God is good, and He sustained me and gave me energy. Sometimes, what we think we need isn't always the case. Each night improved, and last night, she fell asleep in the car about 6:45 PM, slept the entire trip, and then transferred to sleep in her crib w/in 15 minutes of arriving home to the arms of her happy Daddy. She then slept until 6:30 this morning - yay!

Needless to say, neither my mom nor I were up to taking pictures throughout the week - despite the fact that we wanted more pictures of the week. So, these pics were all taken yesterday, starting a few hours before we left.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the trip went well, and Yay Rachel for mastering stairs!

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

Miss you both so much. What a blessing you both were to me. Thank you, Ben, for letting your girls come to PA this week. I know how much you missed them. Love you all so much!
Love, Mom

The Hamilton Family said...

Katy -

Technically, my Mom was the champ on the stairs, but actually, Rachel did crawl up almost all of them the one night:)- w/ me right behind her, of course!

~Jill

Lisa said...

I'm sure having that adorable, smirkey girl around made that Nana feel so much better!