Friday, October 5, 2007

Great Friends

After I got married and Ben had to travel here and there for work, I finally understood why my grandmother sometimes didn't eat supper too well after my grandfather passed away. There's just something about suppertime that has always been a family meal, and it's hard to actually go to the effort of making something to eat when it's only for yourself. It feels a little lonely to me after being used to having Ben in the house. I'm fine for breakfast and lunch b/c Ben doesn't usually eat breakfast and we both eat during work, but supper is a tough one. So, it was nice when my friend and Rachel's former sitter and fan, Katy, came over to visit the other night. While she wasn't able to stay for supper, we got to sit and enjoy scones and each other's company. Thanks for the friendship, Katy!
We couldn't get Rachel to look at the camera....she was more interested in everything else...in Jonah and the big fish....

...in Miss Katy's shoe.......but she sure was proud of herself when she made her discovery ball spin!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Look at that smirk! She's such a doll. And let me know when Ben goes away again...we'd love to have you and Rachel over for supper. =)

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

Rachel loved spinning her ball while we were there. The song can get a little tiring, but how can you turn it off when she is enjoying the spinning!!
Love, Mom

The Hamilton Family said...

Ahh thanks, Lisa!

Mom - the discovery ball is annoying and I don't like it that when it stops playing a song every time you start spinning it. Arg!

Anonymous said...

It's always great to enjoy some time with friends, I'm happy to come by anytime!