
My little snugglebug:)I remember feeling so overwhelmed and under-equipped in the first 2-3 weeks of her life. The Lord blessed me w/ a mother who came down here and helped me not be so nervous to do routine things like sponge baths and who let us drop the baby off w/ her after feeding her so we could get sleep throughout the night. He also blessed me with a wonderful husband who helped work out a tagteam sleep system.....that allowed me to get at least 4 hour pockets of sleep w/in the first 2 weeks. I'm also grateful for Rachel's Aunt Kelly who has shed light on all sorts of child rearing questions - who needs all the books when you have Aunt Kelly:o). And of course, all of our family and friends have helped us w/ their prayers, gifts, and words of encouragement.
While carrying everything north for the week and doing her birthday outside our own home had its challenges, we were very happy to be able to celebrate this time with both of our families. Ben and I are both very thankful for our families. Here are some party pics from both grandparents' houses.
Party at Grandpop and Nana's house:
"Thanks Uncle Sean for my cool toy!"
Party at Pah-Pah and Grandma's house (try not to laugh at my challenged-looking cake!):
Rachel's sooo big! Check out the cool bumble bee that Pah-Pah made!
Wow! This is pretty cool, Nana and Grandpop!
"Thanks Jeremiah, DaniRae, and AnaGrace for my cool shirt! I love you guys too!"
We have a video of this too....but this is pretty much the video. She looked totally unimpressed by the family that was singing to her. She just gave us all a blank, open-mouth stare throughout the entire rendition of Happy Birthday.
"Mmmm, pumpkin cake!"
Snuggles w/ Nana and chatting w/ cousin DaniRae after a long day:)
4 comments:
How special to see pics from a year ago and then our special times with you three over Thanksgiving!! We miss you and can't wait to see you at Christms!
Love, Mom
Happy belated Birthday, Rachel! We were thinking of you guys on Rachel's birthday...hard to believe it's been a whole year! I loved the pictures from her birth-day, as well as the ones of her birthday; such a fun post! And don't worry about the "challenged looking cake"...you should have seen Kathryn's before Mike fixed it with lots of icing. =)
Yay! Happy birthday, Rachel!! It is so crazy how time flies. I can still remember all of us sitting in the back of the West Hall with our new babies last year. God is so kind!
Happy Birthday Rachel!! I love the hospital pics. =) I'm so glad you all had such fun.
Post a Comment