Tuesday, November 27, 2007

One Year Stats

Today, we had Rachel's 1 year checkup, which was convenient, considering she was sick and I would have set up an appointment for her upon return from PA anyway. Thankfully, the doctor wasn't too concerned, as it was her typical bronchiolitis and things sounded ok - little wheezing, lots of coughing, runny nose, etc, but all in the upper respiratory and no fever. So, good thing we still have her inhaler and can easily get refills. This too shall pass, but I think I'll keep Rachel out of the nursery at church until at least May....as all the germs there seem to find their way to her:(

Anywho, Rachel weighed in at 24.8 (90%) pounds. She's 30.5 inches long (90%), and her head circumference is 19in (97%). At least she's back on the charts w/ her head:) The doctor asked if she did various things, and so I started to spout off all the great things my daughter does - like any proud mama does. I said, she can find her belly, her head, my nose, my mouth, and sometimes my eyes. She can wave. She says cat, dada. She can tell me what a bunny rabbit does and what a lamb says (ba!) when I ask her. I think I told him a few other things too.

Of course, our daughter does not perform for others. When asked to do the things that we've taught her, she responds w/ a blank stare - quite similar to the one she displayed when we sang Happy Birthday to her. I think she gets some enjoyment out of making us look silly:) Of course, wouldn't you know it, but when the doctor was leaving the exam room, I said. "Wave bye-bye, Rachel!" We both paused waiting to see if she'd do it, but she didn't. The door shut, and maybe 30 seconds or more later, she waved at the door. I started laughing. What else can you do? Then I said, "Where's your belly, Rachel?" She patted her belly. "Where's your head, Rachel?" She patted her head. "What does a lamb say?" She responded, "Bah!" She's one of God's ways of keeping me humble:)

"Thanks Grandma for my fuzzy, pink PJs!!!"
Had to bring the bunny face back....didn't want ya'll to forget what a bunny does:)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Kathryn never wants to "perform" either! I love Rachel's bunny face. She is such a fun little girl!