Friday, November 16, 2007

It's a Cool Windy Fall Friday

It's been a long week even though Ben was off on Monday. I think it's b/c I wound up putting in a lot of time w/ work this week. Generally, when that happens, I don't feel like there's enough separation of personal and professional time, which makes me feel a little behind all around. But the Lord provides, and next week, we'll have a few days off with our families and have time to give thanks for how richly God has blessed us (not that we don't give thanks each day!). We'll also get to celebrate Rachel's birthday....in 6 days:) We've had fun shopping for Christmas and birthday presents and getting her little party plates.

Today, I took Rachel to get her 1 year old pictures taken. She didn't smile as much for the camera as she has before, but it was still fun and very hard to decide on the free portrait to take w/ us. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have posted prior sittings, but we were excited to show our families her first pictures....plus, I figured you really can't print anything out from the proofs they put online - since the quality would be quite poor. But, to be on the safe side, if you're interested in checking out Rachel's 1 year old pics, check out this link: http://mystudio.kiddiekandids.com/viewshare.asp?c=617002399TVBE13V5. All in all, Rachel did really well at her session despite cutting four teeth all the same time. Poor thing.

Here's a few pics from this week....as I've been a little light on blogging due to my work schedule and a touch of lack of motivation (a.k.a. laziness:)). Amazingly, I have not received any calls or emails from my parental unit about this....although, I think if I had waited one more day, my mom might have piped in w/ an email or call:)

"Thanks Great Grandma H for my sweater....this one right here!"

2 comments:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

Yes, you're right. I was about to e-mail or call, but I was trying to be patient:-) Can't wait to see you three!! Can't believe our little Rachel will be a year-this year has flown by!!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

cute pics! we're looking into getting nj his 1 yr pics too soon. where is kiddie kandids? is that the on in babies r us?