One of Rachel's favorite activities is pulling every book (w/in her reach....which for now is only board books) off of her book shelf. I actually don't mind putting all of her books back for her just so she can do this again b/c it occupies her for like 30-45 minutes. She'll sit and look at her books, stand at her bookcase, pull more off, etc, etc. This morning she started to put her cheerios back in her container, so maybe we're on the road to learning what to do after we pull everything out. We'll see.
At any rate, to my great joy, she has been really enjoying her books. Now, sometimes that means enjoying them by putting them in her mouth or pounding her hands on them, but I still take that as a sign of enjoying her books. I love it when she laughs at the kids in her books....like she's playing peekabo w/ them. And last night, she was standing next to me while I read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Chicka Chicka 1 2 3 and she started bopping her head along while I read the books:) It was too cute!
And the other night, she sat for a little bit on her Daddy's lap while he pressed the buttons on the Baby Einstein book that played the annoying music while he read the book to her and tried to keep her from destroying the pages. 

Finally, they switched to a different book....one that didn't play music:) 
3 comments:
Readers are leaders! =)
Hurrah for reading!!
Her Nanna is thrilled with her fondnest for books. How exciting!
Post a Comment