Our little Ray of Sunshine is still sick, so we punted on our trip to PA and hung out over the weekend. On one hand, it was nice to just get a few things done around the house and relax a little. On the other hand, it was a bummer not to head up to PA like we were planning on doing. We missed being in the country and seeing our family, but it was for the best to stay home. So, here's a rundown of our activities......
On Friday, we took Rachel to the library for the first time. The kids section is pretty cool, and I'm excited about getting her involved w/ reading programs. Ben is excited about the likely decrease in my Barnes & Nobles expenses. I'd have to agree w/ him too since I finished my book this morning....and I took it out of the library Friday afternoon. Not Jan Karon's finest, but still good. I realize Rachel's not reading a book in the pics, but in time, she will. And she definitely enjoyed hearing the lilting rhymes of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Chicka Chicka 1 2 3 that I took out of the library for her. We'll stock up on more good books in the future, but we were just trying to get our feet wet this weekend. I have about 9 different books and DVDs now on hold:)

Then, on Saturday, we took Rachel to the doctors. She has bronciolitis again:( Thankfully, she's still happy, but a bit clingy and has random moments of crankiness. Early morning sleep hasn't gone too well either, but hopefully, once the cough subsides and she adjusts to Daylight Savings Time, she'll resume to her old patterns. Sunday, Ben went to church in the AM, and I went in the PM. Here's some pics of Rachel before I took her for a walk on Sunday AM. She looks so cute in her new fuzzy purple hat. We love how it frames her face - and it frames it much better when I velcro it shut....I'm sure you'll see more pics in this hat over the course of the winter. She was intrigued by her matching mittens, but we'll see how they go over when the weather gets colder. 

2 comments:
How precious! The library is the best place to go. I remember all the books you took out, and how quiet it was in the car on the way home because you were all into your books:-) Rachel will love going there and taking out stacks of books, I'm sure! I love her new hat. It's totally Rachel!! Love, Mom
Feel better, little Ray! We're praying for you guys.
Post a Comment