Tuesday, January 22, 2008

14 Months Old Today!

Despite spending Sunday evening and all Monday w/ her Daddy, Rachel made it to see 14 months today! I'm kidding, Ben - you did a great job w/ her!!!! Since Rachel has had a cold and an ear infection, we kept her home on Sunday, so Ben went to church in the AM and I went to the PM service and our members meeting. I hadn't been to a members meeting since before Rachel was born! It was definitely good for me to go! And then I didn't have off from work yesterday but Ben did, so it worked out really well. The two of them enjoyed a daddy daughter day. Ben had the biggest grin on his face when I got home from work. He told me that he wants to switch roles b/c it was so much fun being w/ her all day. I now have to do a little baby boot camp - re-teach her how to play by herself....just kidding. But Ben had so much fun w/ her, and I suspect his Daddy daughter days will get even more fun as Rachel begins to walk and talk. I assured Ben that even though Rachel is a girl, she'll enjoy going to watch baseball games, learning to throw a ball, or just about anything as long as it's w/ her Dad. Some of my memories w/ my Dad are just the two of us driving around playing the silliest games ever and getting hot dogs and a Seven-Up. So, I told Ben not to worry - he doesn't need to take her to do princess stuff or go shopping - although I wouldn't rule those things out either:) At any rate, the two of them survived and thrived yesterday - despite the minor scrapes:)

Today, we broke out some oldies but goodies in the toy department. It was one of the first steps towards getting Rachel back to some more independent play:-) She became enthralled by one of her baby books....so much so, that no matter how many times I called her name, I could not get her to look up. She is such an observer!
Finally, I got the reaction I was looking for.....deer in the headlights look - for a split second before she went back to her book.
After tiring of the book, she moved on to another old favorite.

2 comments:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

My dear daughter, I too remember the days of fun that we had playing the click clack game and how you so enjoyed tricking me by getting to the ending of a round before I did. There are times that I wish life was simple like that again!

Love Dad

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

Wow, today, January 26th, Rachel is 14 months and 4 days old. I wonder what she looks like and what she is doing today:-)
Love, Nanna