Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

We are back in DC. The Lord blessed us w/ safe travels to and from PA, along w/ a fun time w/ family and friends for the past week and a half. It definitely felt good to be home. I wanted to blog last night, but I was sooo tired that I could not muster the energy to get off the couch....despite one of my resolutions for 2008 being to go running daily. Well, hopefully, my lazy tushy will make it up to the gym tonight:)

We have many pictures to share, but they'll come in waves. Rachel has really started to interact with us more and more. I can't count how many times Ben and I will say to each other, "She is so stinkin cute...I love her so much!" I think Ben said that to me at least 3 times yesterday. It's such a blessing to just sit back and watch her develop. It's fun to watch her little personality begin to emerge. We caught many moments of Rachel batting her eyes at the camera. Rachel is also determined not to walk when people try to help her with this. She will pull herself up on furniture and walk holding onto furniture, but the minute we take her hands or hold on to her to help her take a step, her legs turn to rubber and she promptly plops her tushy on the ground. But, Grandma and Pah-Pah and even Uncle Joel tried to prove us wrong. In Uncle Joel's defense, Ben did offer to pay $5 to anyone who could get her to walk by the time we left (providing she didn't cry in the process). So, Uncle Joel felt $5 was a worthy price for the challenge.....until he saw how determined Rachel was to not walk:)

Grandma tried to entice her w/ a toy while Pah-Pah tried to get her to stand.....
Didn't work out so well.......
Trying again......notice Rachel's determined face w/ her little tongue hanging out:)
Here's Uncle Joel trying to make his $5:) And last picture for the day.....here we are back at home mixing old toys w/ some new. I put away some of her toys before we left and have held back a few as well. But Rachel didn't care - she was so happy to be home. She pulled everything she could out of her toy bins....as you can see:)

1 comment:

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

We miss our little cutie!! And you two, too, of course:-) Can't wait to see you again.