Friday, January 11, 2008

Will the Next Dr. Hamilton Please Stand Up?

That's right....it's official!!! I'm now officially married to Dr. Benjamin David Hamilton:) Ben received notice on Tuesday that his degree was conferred. All we need is the diploma. Ben actually started his program during our first year of marriage. I remember discussing it w/ him in our apartment in Johnstown, PA after he got home from work the one day. I remember being a little surprised....at that point, I was just happy to be done w/ school for a while and he had just finished his masters in May. So, I couldn't immediately relate:)
But, I used to love going down to Ft. Lauderdale w/ him when he had to go there in the winter for his program. People were so happy in Ft. Lauderdale during February - especially compared to the faces that people had in overcast and cold Johnstown, PA (seriously, the sun did not frequently shine from October to March). I think I cried when we landed back in Pittsburgh when we found our little Elantra covered w/ a foot of snow and only a broom in the car to get rid of the snow. (Apparently, Rachel's disinterest in the snow comes naturally.) I used to beg Ben to move down to Florida every time I went w/ him (even though I promised before the trip that I wouldn't do that), and he told me if I came w/ him when he had to go in July and still liked it, then we could move. Needless to say, I never bothered to go in July - too hot, so we, of course, never moved:) Well, I could go down memory lane for a while w/ Ben's program, as it has had its ups and downs. But, God is faithful, and He has sustained and strengthened us, specifically Ben. I'm so very proud of Ben and all of his hard work.

So, how do I show Ben I care? I go and break his heart this morning by putting 2 little pigtails in his baby girl's hair! I thought he was going to cry. Of course, he couldn't b/c she was just so stinkin' cute:)
She's especially cute when she gives her Daddy kisses!
Rachel is definitely enjoying her barn she got for Christmas! Thanks Grandma! Of course, she had to pause a moment to take a call on her cell phone:)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations to you both! What a huge accomplishment! And congratulations on the pigtails, Rachel...Kathryn is so jealous.

Anonymous said...

wow - that's awesome! congrats ben!

jenn davis.

Nanna & Pop Pop said...

We are sooooooooooo proud of you, Ben!!!! You have worked so hard. Great is the Lord's faithfulness!
And we are so delighted to see Rachel's pigtails. How cute. Before you know it, you'll be able to braid her hair and put it on top of her head like her Nanna did to her Mommy:-)