Friday, January 4, 2008

All in a Minute

So, I was going to write a rambling post about the weird/quasi-funny things that happened to me these past 2 days.....things like last night was the second night in a row of being at the gym in the new year and I get the treadmill that seems determined to throw me - which was pretty fitting since I felt like jumping off of it too so feelings were mutual. However that didn't stop me from looking royally dumb to everyone else in the gym like it was my first time running - ever (which would make sense given that periodically the treadmill would lurch, making me lurch too and I was generally gasping for air the whole time). And then I was going to write about the guy in the parking lot at the library this morning who looked up and said "congratulations" to me as I was unbuckling Rachel from her stroller to put her back in the car........I looked up w/ my mouth gaping open (literally) and let a "huh?" escape......to which he grinned and said "On your little baby." I've tried coming up w/ various reasons on why a complete stranger would say that to me - and none of them really make sense. Either he was unsuccessfully hitting on me - unsuccessful being first and foremost b/c I'm married, but secondly, what a dumb pickup line. Or maybe he really didn't see the size of Rachel. He lifted his daughter out of the car, and although she could walk, Rachel rivaled her size. So, I have a hard time understanding why someone would randomly say congratulations on having a large one year old. Unless....and this is the third reason.....he thought I looked pregnant - gasp! In which case, he was definitely not hitting on me, and was actually insulting me:) Oh well, either way I'm headed back to the gym tonight - hopefully, I'll find a better treadmill:)


At any rate, so my blog was going to be a little like this first paragraph.....just less run-on sentences. But when I started looking to find one picture of Rachel to post - to keep her Nana happy, I came across this sequence of 5 pictures that were all taken in less than a minute. I don't think they need any captions, as they kinda speak for themselves. Rachel and AnaGrace crack me up:) Playdates will be loads of fun as they get older!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

There's no way that guy could have thought you were pregnant! I'm sure he was congratulating you on having such a CUTE little girl! That or he thought she was younger because of her hair-length. ;)

The Hamilton Family said...

Thanks for the reassurance, Lisa:) I didn't honestly think that it could have been that he thought I was pregnant, but it was one of those thoughts I had while driving away....since I was trying to think of why a stranger would say such a random thing.