Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jill Crackers

So, here's another....things that make me laugh post:-) God gave me so many things in life to lift me out of the day-to-day and make me smile that I have to share just a portion of the things that keep me laughing throughout the day (and believe you me, this is just a fraction!).



  1. Seriously, the leaves are cracking me up daily....everytime I walk out the front door or watch them "rain" down outside the window, I just have to laugh.

  2. This picture. You'd think she was being tortured....but really, Rachel currently doesn't like to have her picture taken b/c she is a digital-age kid and knows she can see the pictures on the camera. So, when we pick up the camera, she wants to see pictures. Literally, I tried to get a picture for like 2 seconds and she melted (short nap and short fuse today). So, I showed her the picture, and she whimpered "Fussing!" Yup, you were!!!
  3. Taking Rachel to Harris Teeter right before dinner time......we had a great time snacking on all the store samples. I'm pretty sure the employees in the deli department were laughing at all the times we refilled on bread and cheese pieces. But Rachel had a blast, and I didn't mind since the deli people there have always been slow on service.

  4. The metro - honestly, the DC metro system never ceases to crack me up. I saw a guy w/ a nice suit on - jacket and all.......w/ a preppy sweater (think cream colored V-neck w/ the maroon/navy blue/hunter green stripes around the neck - like a "tennis anyone?" type of sweater) OVER the suit jacket topped off w/ a black hunting-type hat....the kind w/ the wool on the inside and the flaps that tie over your ears (like that character in Bugs Bunny used to wear - I can't remember his name....he was always trying to shoot the wabbit). And he was wearing all this while checking his super sleek and shiny Blackberry. How I managed to not start cracking up while standing in front of him, I know not, but wow.

  5. The Pentagon....just when I think I have that place figured out and can actually make it from one place to another in somewhere close to 7 minutes, they do more construction and switch everything around....oh well, at least people are happy to help the pregnant lady find her way out of the building!

  6. Again, Rachel. She's starting to take more of an interest in her nose....and when I say her nose, I mean what's inside of her nose. Ew. Her finger hasn't made it inside yet, but she keeps pointing at the openings and saying "Boogie!" Or, when she gets in trouble, she starts trying to blow snot out of her nose, and then looks up at us earnestly and asks for a tissue. When she does this, there are many times she really needs a tissue then, but it distracts her from the task at hand. Ack! How do they think of this stuff??!?!?

  7. Speaking of the task at hand, I keep laughing at myself b/c I find that when Rachel and I are walking somewhere (and I have been making her walk), she gets distracted along the way, and my typical parental response has been, "Rachel, stay on task." I don't know why I'm telling a 2 year old (and yes, this Saturday, she will be 2!) to stay on task like she knows what I mean. I dunno, I guess she does b/c when I say this, she stops pointing at the ground or her pants or the sky or her nose and keeps walking to the library or the store.

  8. It really cracks me up that ever since I saw Beth's post, I have been drawn to Oreos....and of course, no other Oreos enter our house except Double Stuffs. According to Ben, Oreos should be double-stuffed, at the very least. So never mind that we're months away from needing to decide on our stroller situation too.....all I can think of is that I need Oreos. That's one of the other reasons it's a bad idea to go to Harris Teeter before supper time....of course, I got some for Ben and me!

  9. Ok, now this is truly my last one for the day, but I never realized I could read a book so many times and be annoyed w/ it every time. Let me clarify that "so many times" means reading a book about 9 times in a row. I want to tell the boy in If You Give a Moose a Muffin to stop giving in to the moose. I mean, the moose is wrecking the house w/ every step....kick him out and be done w/ it so you can eat your own jam and muffins. If he's not satisfied w/ the first muffin, tell him that it's too bad. Ben complains about this book and I always defend it, but secretly, it drives me crazy too. But, alas, Rachel loves this book. I just got it from the library last week, and I think we have literally read it like 50 times - I'm actually not exaggerating! If You Give a Mouse a Cookie or If You Give a Pig a Pancake have not exasperated me like this book.....and the funny things is, it's a silly children's book. I guess when you read something 9 times in a row, it can really grate on you:-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha, ha, ha....you really made me laugh. Jeremiah is home this AM waiting to go to a dr. appt. and he thought it was funny too. He gets a real kick out of Rachel and thought the nose story was great. I can feel your pain with children's stories...I love to read to the kids, but ....personally The Cat in the Hat drives me nuts....I know that its a classic, BUT.....

Katy said...

That picture of Rachel is really funny! And I totally have a craving for oreos now! =P

Layton said...

Hi Jill!
I think the metro guy was reminding you of Elmer Fudd...

Your picture of Rachel crying in the coat made me laugh and laugh. Eamon does the same thing with the camera these days. Good to know it's not just him.

Hope the pregnancy is going well! We're expecting in February too! Girl this time for us--Hooray! What about you?

Miss seeing you at church. We're in Lexington, KY this year but (Lord willing) back this summer.

Best--
Layton Lawlor