Monday, November 24, 2008

More Birthday...

I'm almost done w/ the birthday pics....sorry!

I let Rachel color on the table.....she also decided to color on her gifts before opening them. It only took Ben and I like 1/2 an hour to piece the tissue paper together (no, I didn't have any other wrapping paper on hand and I wasn't about to buy any!). But she thought coloring on the table (it was a paper cloth) and on her packages was a blast. I did hide the crayons shortly afterwards so she wouldn't try them out on other unapproved objects. Stickers! Rachel is really liking stickers these days. Mind you, they aren't intended by her to be on anything permanently....in fact, it upsets her if she can't get the sticker back once she sticks it somewhere. Last night, she found a piece of tape and I heard her say, "Sticker...I stick on cat!" This was one of those times when I was guilty of doing a little tuning out, so my reaction had a few seconds delay....but I did respond in time to save the cat some fur.
Daddy and Rachel are loving the Winnie the Pooh ears;-)
Now, when people ask Rachel about her birthday, her eyes light up and she says, "CAKE!". Atta girl! Of course, she also now lets out a little squeal when she gets to open up packages or she sees someone else opening up a package....so Christmas should be fun:-)

1 comment:

Katy said...

Wow, what a fun day! I just love her hair in those pictures. The Pooh ears picture is great, go Ben.