- Yesterday, I was metroing back from the Pentagon, and thought I sat down across from (i.e. pretty close to on the metro) a "normal" looking guy. I obviously didn't look closely enough b/c as the train started moving, he started talking on his Bluetooth/hands-free cell phone. I started assessing the situation.....and realized that he didn't really look like someone who even owned a cell phone.....let alone a hands-free one. He had on a torn jacket, gray sweatpants tucked into 80s-style black socks, and he had a white trash bag filled w/ unidentified objects. Hmmm. As the train picked up speed and noise, he even covered both ears so he could hear better and continued talking. Anyone from DC knows that you don't get cell phone reception in the metro, so I'm starting to suspect whether or not there was a real hands-free piece attached to his ear. Sure enough, when I got off at my stop, I glanced back and saw that he was just talking to himself and pretending to have a hands-free set. He was saying some weird stuff, along w/ some gibberish too. Oh well. Cracked me up for the day.....you never know what you'll encounter on the metro! (My mom will probably never set foot on a metro now.....and for that matter, I don't think Ben's sister Kelly will either!).
- Pregnancy dreams. I have had some funny dreams lately. The one I remember most from Rachel's pregnancy involved an incident w/ my precious Dunkin Donuts Boston Kreme donut and a manager waving the very last one around while all the insides were sloshing out (and then he tried to sell it to me!). But this time around, I am having some crazy dreams. Earlier this week, I was in Iraq. I was not in the military, but people were shooting at me and the desert that I was running across was a little like the beach. I also drove a tank in my dream, and oddly enough, I didn't drive it well....I was a little all over the place and the military people (no clue what service they were specifically) were all laughing at me. Last week, in one of my dreams, I attended a dinner party vow renewal for a friend of mine. Some of my high school friends and work acquaintances were there....and they wound up being related to each other, but the "bride" and "groom" didn't know these people. And then earlier in the pregnancy, I dreamed that Rachel got her off the chart head stuck between the mattress and crib railing (I mean, really, there's no room for her entire leg to fit in between the mattress and railing - let alone her noggin!). I even shook Ben and asked him for help, and then I jumped out of bed and started patting the wall to unstick her head......in the process of patting the wall and standing up, I slowly realized that the house was silent and my toddler wasn't stuck. The dream itself was scary to me, but the actual process of leaping out of bed and patting the wall was hilarious. In the morning, I sheepishly apologized to Ben for waking him up, and he responded, "For what?" Doh! Then I had to even more sheepishly explain;-)
- Ben's work stories. The other day, we were talking about how I download about my day and he typically responds that his day was ok. So, as I pressed for details, in true Ben fashion, he starts talking about his day from start to finish....like arrived at work, parked the car, went to his office, put his stuff down, put his lunch in the fridge... Ok, ok - not that many details, but it did unveil some funny nuggets that I wouldn't have received if he didn't go towards the ridiculous. He told me that they are now having the employees put labels on their lunches. Now, that's funny to me.....it's like a cross between kindergarten and a Friends episode (like the one where Ross flips out b/c someone ate his special day after Thanksgiving turkey sandwich). People do crazy things at work......the last place I was at, someone dipped into someone's Chinese takeout and left the fork in it....w/ a lipstick ring on it! But it's so funny to me that if you don't have a label, you might lose your lunch. That needs to be an episode for The Office (which is another thing that makes me laugh lately!). He also said that they had a fire drill.....where the employees who are the leads for the drill have to wear orange vests (not sure if I could ever bring myself to do that!).......another reminder of The Office and Dwight Schrute! Lastly, he told me that he had to write a memo as a coverpage.......for a memo. Yeah, you read that right.
- I've had many other laughs lately, but those are my highlights.....for now. I think the Lord has been very kind to give us laughter.....to brighten our days even when they've been a little rough;-)
Lamentations 3:22-23 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Things That Make Me Laugh....
Well, it's been a little bit of a struggling day. We seem to have a number of those lately. Perhaps it's toddler growing pains coupled w/ pregnancy hormones, so instead of focusing on the tears, worries, struggles, and whatnot, I thought I'd share some things that have made me laugh lately.....who knows, maybe you'll get a kick out of them too;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment