Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Book Update

Ok, so remember when I said I was annoyed w/ If You Give a Moose a Muffin? Weirdest thing happened......I guess when you keep reading it 3-5 times a day, it grows on you. No, really. The moose still irritates me....he takes advantage of the little boy, and the little boy is a follower who never stands up for himself.

BUT, Rachel points out the same things every SINGLE time, and it's so stinkin' cute! Like, each time, she points at the muffin flying out the window to the moose, and says, "Cooookie!" and I respond, "nope, it's still a muffin!" and she repeats, "Muffin!".....or today, she said,
Still muffin!".

I think my favorite part is when the boy gets the moose a sheet to cover his big antlers so he can do a puppet show behind the couch (which Rachel calls a bed....EVERY time), Rachel looks over at me and grins in anticipation of me saying "BOO!"......since the sheet, of course, reminds the moose of the ghost he wants to be for Halloween. Yeah, if you had a hard time following that, you should get the book out of the library and see what I mean.

So, I guess I'm still mad at the moose, but I love Rachel's response. Plus, I love that she lays down next to me or curls up and rests her head on my shoulder to hear the story again and again and again (you get the picture). So, therefore, I will continue to read it and will probably buy the book once I return the library's copy. Shock! I know. But, it's not like I'm buying her an annoying Elmo! Elmo is where I draw the line.....even though she really likes him - and she hasn't watched him a lot either....there must be something about that annoying voice....that or there's subliminal messages in his blaring red fur that she can't read yet but still affect her.

No comments: